Sunday, October 30, 2016

Phillip Klemenov Killed in Colorado Car Crash

In case it's unclear who Phillip Klemenov was, he was a professional Call of Duty player, Twitch streamer, YouTuber. Many knew him as “Phizzurp”, he was 23 years old and he died in a car crash in Colorado.



Now the reason I didn't blog about this when it happened is it didn't seem like a clean story. A local CBS report said that both speed and alcohol appear to be factors in the crash, but his girlfriend Adrianna Lemuss disputed the claim, saying:



So, for that part of the story, I want to wait until more information comes out. The last thing I want to do is cause more pain for someone.



But, the reason I'm blogging about this today is to blog about his funeral. Some people were weirded out and some people were happy that they live-streamed his funeral on his Twitch channel.



Some people have said ‘Isn't this weird and exploitive?’ and my answer to that is: No, I don't really think so. The way I see it it's just to have a connection with his fans. Especially people that are on Twitch and YouTube. And when you have that more direct connection, you have fans that feel like friends—even family. So, for those that it doesn't make sense for them to show up in person, why not give them a place to show respect online. And more specifically, his Twitch channel (really the home for their relationship).

I mean, obviously, this is on different levels, but Michael Jackson's entire funeral was televised! There were performances by people like Mariah Carey, there were people who spoke, it was a whole two and a half hour special.



So, if you didn't think it was weird for Michael Jackson, why is it weird for this guy? It's not like the live stream was sponsored, or there was something dirty in there, it was just people saying goodbye.



That's just my opinion on this, I want to know what your opinion is as well. What do you think of this story?

No comments:

Post a Comment